So… The Cute Boy in My DMs Was Actually Trying to Sell Me Something 😭
Okay, so a cute boy DMed me on social media.
And before anybody starts judging me, yes, I replied. 😂
He was completely my type too, which obviously did not help matters. He was sweet, we were talking, and the conversation was actually interesting.
Naturally, I flirted back.
I mean… I’m a romance author. What did you expect? 😂 Flirting is basically part of the job description at this point.
So I’m there thinking, Hmm, okay, this is interesting.
Then eventually, the real reason for the DM came out.
He was trying to sell me something.
😭😭😭
I swear, what a shame.
For a second there, I thought maybe I had accidentally stumbled into one of those cute little social media stories that eventually becomes a romance.
Nope.
It was a sales pitch.
Honestly, I can’t even be too annoyed because the conversation was actually fun, and I have to give him credit for making it interesting enough that I didn’t immediately realize what was happening.
But still…
Sir. 😭
You can’t just walk into a romance author’s DMs looking exactly like her type, be all sweet, let her flirt back, and then casually pull out the “so, I have something I’d like to sell you” card.
That is not the plot I signed up for.
10/10 for the confidence.
0/10 for the plot twist. 😂
Anyway, back to writing fictional men who don’t secretly want to sell me something.



Comments
Post a Comment