Behind the Story: Writing My Possessive Incubus Demon




 Of all the books I have written, My Possessive Incubus Demon has been one of the most challenging.

Not because of the plot twists, the fantasy elements, or even the emotional turmoil—but because of Azriel himself.

Azriel is not the kind of character who willingly opens up. He lives in the shadows, watching, calculating, and keeping his thoughts locked away behind walls few can penetrate. Stepping into his head as a writer often felt like trying to catch smoke with my bare hands. Every time I thought I understood him, he would retreat further into the darkness, determined to remain unseen.

Writing his perspective required patience. It meant peeling back layers one at a time and learning that some secrets refuse to reveal themselves easily. Azriel constantly challenged me to look deeper, to question his motives, and to understand the fears and desires hidden beneath his cold exterior.

Then there is Raven.

Sweet, stubborn, and impossible to ignore, 

The dynamic between them is what made this story both difficult and rewarding to write. Every interaction felt like a battle between darkness and hope, secrecy and trust. Azriel wanted to remain invisible, but Raven had other plans.

And perhaps that’s what I love most about this story.

Sometimes the characters who fight us the hardest become the ones we understand the most by the end of the journey.

Aquah Goddess ✨📚🖤



Comments

Popular Posts